Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Monsters and Critics article about Mark Wahlberg

Mark is interviewed by Monsters and Critics about spoiling his kids.

Mark Wahlberg finds it hard not to spoil his kids.

The 40-year-old 'Contraband' actor - who has children Ella, eight, Michael, six, Brendan, three and one-year-old Grace with wife Rhea Durham - admits he likes to treat his brood but insists they understand the importance of giving back.

He said: 'I do spoil them to a certain extent but they also understand that not a lot of people have this life.

'My kids like giving back. My daughter's always telling me: 'Pop, I'm going to take these toys to the hospital for the sick kids and the less fortunate'. They still live in the real world but it's a fine line. I certainly want my kids to have everything that I never had but you also want them to appreciate the value of things.

'Nobody in my family, my parents or their parents, had money or success. I worked hard to get what I have and I still work hard every day.'

Having been raised by as the youngest of nine children in Boston, Massachusetts, Mark believes fame and fortune haven't diluted his working-class attitude.

He told the Metro newspaper: 'Obviously, I am still the same at the core. Just because you have money doesn't really change you.

'Listen, I've always thought that at any time it could all go away and I could end up right where I came from. I have a lot of people keeping me grounded: my wife, my mother and my friends.'

No comments:

Post a Comment