Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mark Wahlberg on memorizing lines for his movies

In an article from Entertainment Weekly, Mark talks about having to memorize some his toughest lines yet for the movie "Ted" - a list of white trash girls’ names. Here's an excerpt:

“I was just sitting here trying to think if I can do that again,” Walhberg told EW last month after MacFarlane presented roughly 10 minutes of footage from his film at the SXSW Film Festival. “I always pride myself on knowing my lines and showing up on time and being prepared. But that’s the only time I ever had trouble with it.” Wahlberg said he usually starts working on a script a couple months before production, but for that scene in particular, he wrote out each name by hand “something like 1,000 times.” 
“He’s being very modest,” countered MacFarlane. “[He is] the single most prepared human being. It’s astonishing. I would be dead in the water if I had to memorize that many names in a row. I was expecting to have to have cue cards. And Mark said, ‘No, I got it.’ He just rattled them all off from memory. It was insane.” 
And how hard was it for MacFarlane to come up with all those names in the first place? “Oh, this is America,” laughed MacFarlane. “Not too hard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment